With 2019 drawing to a close, we're already looking at what the Dynamics 365 ecosystem brings to the table in the future. Dynamics 365 promises a fantastic offering for organisations looking to adopt a business solution in 2020. Microsoft continues to make impressive investments into the CRM and ERP arm of the business, particularly since it moved to the Cloud via Azure a few years ago. Dynamics 365 might be a perfect choice to install in your business in 2020.
Dynamics 365 Wave 2
The Dynamics 365 release plan for the 2019 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020. It's a comprehensive development strategy that includes hundreds of new capabilities enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications.
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Project Service Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Central
To examine the updates for the Marketing application, for example, the following enhancements will be implemented:
- Marketing made simple: Having simplified trial sign-ups, we are continuing to streamline the rest of the product by concentrating on the scenarios most often mentioned in user feedback. We've simplified processes, eliminated extra clicks, and added many small improvements that help make marketers' lives easier. Improvements include new email layouts, subscription-list management, and much more.
- Personalised marketing: The system helps marketers build effective content effortlessly. With A/B testing, marketers can set up powerful experiments with a few clicks and let the system take care of the rest. Thanks to a robust platform, large organisations can customise their marketing execution to run independently for each business unit.
- Connected business apps: Sales teams are looking for marketing-powered insights that let them drill down into details to learn more about their customers, for example while preparing for meetings or replying to emails.
- Actionable intelligence lets you build optimised audiences and orchestrate effective communication strategies. With Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, marketers can leverage the power of the Microsoft ecosystem to increase the effectiveness of their marketing initiatives.
- Fundamental investments continue to deliver improved performance, scalability, system management, extensibility, and throughput for campaign execution and email marketing. Improved provisioning makes life easier for admins and power users.
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 into your business means this: continued investment in your business, by leveraging the resources of a technologically driven company. This keeps you on the cutting edge, without having to onboard a large IT team to implement groundbreaking features into your business.
If you're interested in the whole update release notes, you can download the PDF or watch the overview in the video below.
Unified Client Interface
The transition from the legacy web app to UCI brings increased performance, navigability and compatibility with mobile devices. With the move to the Cloud, access to information can be made anywhere, so it made logical sense that this can be actioned from various devices too.
All new implementations of Dynamics 365 will start with the UCI, providing you with a modern, 2020 CRM interface from the start. Dynamics 365 in 2020 will easy to use and very fast.
Control your costs
The software model of pricing has been changing across the whole industry. Licencing is no longer a sizeable irregular upfront fee but has moved towards more manageable amounts per month. This helps business cashflow and helps them forecast expenses across the business. Dynamics 365 is no different. With the Cloud edition, a new licence model was released in October. This model provides flexibility, so you only pay for what you use, and enables you to purchase "bolt-on" applications for users when required.
Dynamics 365 in 2020 - A perfect time to get onboard
We've no doubt in our minds Dynamics 365 is going places. Microsoft view their CRM solution as a core application in their suite, and will continue to invest in it, while also improving on how it integrates with other Stack products. We've seen glimpses of that with its Windows Mixed Reality headsets and how it can transform training and education within businesses, supported by Dynamics 365.
If you're looking for a business solution for your 2020 IT strategy, Dynamics 365 is a compelling option for a business in any industry.