Sales teams spend valuable time identifying the best customer in their customer list, navigating across multiple sources to identify who they need to engage with, when, and how. To streamline this process, Sales Accelerator in Dynamics 365 provides a tailored experience for sellers by minimizing the time they spend on their search for the best next customer to reach out to. Timing in Sales is critical to converting, Sales Accelerator supports sellers to quickly identify what leads to focus on using a variety of parameters. The module gathers information from multiple sources, and lets sellers focus on how to best approach their customers. It helps sellers to sell smartly, by building a strong and prioritised pipeline, offering context, and surfacing automated recommendations throughout a sales sequence that helps to speed the sales process.
Sales Accelerator increases lead conversions by:
- Empower sellers to quickly prioritise prospect list in a fast and easy way by using an intelligent work list. The list helps sellers reach out to the next best lead or opportunity by displaying relevant sales information and customer context that's available immediately, which helps make every communication more successful.
- Sales managers can use the sequence designer to configure sequences of activities that define steps to help sellers prioritize their activities for the day, be productive in their jobs, and focus on selling. Example activities are sending a templated email to prospects, connecting over Linkedin or scheduling a phone call.
- Use segments to categorise leads and automatically place them on a sequenced journey. This functions similarly to the Marketing segment module, by dynamically placing people into segments based on attributes or behaviour. This is then applied to a sequence.
- Assignment rules help you to organise your sales team and distribute opportunities to the right people in a way fits your business.
Harness the powerful sequence designer
When you create a new sequence, you are surfaced with an intuitive, easy-to-use view to configure your sequence. If you are familiar with Dynamics Marketing customer journeys, this works in a familiar way. You can add as many steps as you want to the sequence with conditions that branch into other activities.
When adding a step, you have four categories to choose from, Steps, Conditions, Commands and Linkedin
Steps options lets you choose to:
- Send an email
- Send an automated email
- Complete a task
- Set wait time
- Make a phone call
Conditions available are:
- Business process stage - This branches to yes if the of the lead is in a chosen stage (Qualify, Develop, Propose, Close)
- Field value - if a lead matches an attribute, it will branch to the 'yes' route or if doesn't goes to the 'no' branch
Sequence commands let you
- Update a field - A leads attribute such as city can automatically change
- Advance to another sequence - If you have other sequences, you can place them on to it when this is triggered.
This sets up a task for you to complete and functions as a reminder before progressing.
- Send InMail
- Get Connectedd
- Complete the research
- Get Introduced
The connected leads tab enables sellers to see who has passed through this sequence either by connecting leads manually or triggered by a segment.
The sequence can be saved and used as a template, create a copy, and also has a useful version history system.
When you have created your sequence, you can activate it and view it alongside other sequences in a grid format.
Identify the right leads quickly
During your workday as a seller, you need to juggle multiple tasks as you work on multiple records. As a result, it can be hard to plan and prioritize your customer-facing activities. The work list in the sales accelerator for Dynamics 365 Sales Insights helps you prioritize your time and effort to ensure that important records aren't left behind.
The sales accelerator work list gives you the following capabilities:
- Manage and view records that include activities that are due in the last 30 days to be performed, sorted by priority, and removed after an activity has been completed.
- Manage the work list by sorting, filtering, and grouping records.
- View relevant information about customers, such as personal details, past and future activities, and the related entities for each record.
- Communicate with customers through phone and email. More information: Connect with customers by using a record or the Up next widget
- Add manual activities to records—in addition to those that have been defined in a sequence—if an ad-hoc activity is required.
Categorise leads and start them on a journey with segments
A segment is a collection of records that are grouped together based on certain conditions, such as location, deal value, language, and product. By using segments, you can automatically connect records to sequences. You can create segments for all entities, including custom entities.
You can have both complex and simple segments using a variety of operations and parameters. You can use the 'AND' function to combine two attributes that both must be met for the lead to be included. You can expand the parameters by instead choosing 'OR' so that if any of the parameters are met, the lead is included. If you are familiar with the marketing application, you may have seen this before.
When you have created a segment that matches the needs of your business, you can save it, and then connect it to a sequence. You will also likely want to test your segment conditions. To do this, select Simulate results to verify that the conditions for the segment work as defined. Once you are happy, click save.
A business scenario could be a lead has an attribute such as high engagement with your website in a particular language. A good idea would be to choose a typical metric such as page views and select a value of more than 10. Combine this parameter with an 'AND' operation, then select language and then the value would be 'English, French or whichever language meets your business need. Once this has been configured, connect it to a sequence where you could connect over Linkedin, send an automated email in your chosen language, set a wait timer for a period of days and send a follow-up templated email to gauge interest. The strength of the Sales Accelerator is that it is configurable to meet the needs of your sales team.
Optimise lead conversion with Assignment Rules
Assignment rules are a powerful way to distribute leads across small and large departments. You could set up a rule that assigns leads based on many attributes such as their language, product category, engagement, created date and so on. Assignment rules can then attribute this to a specific department or sales member. You can decide if the assignment is based on all incoming leads of specific segments. You can also assign leads based on attributes of the seller themselves for example, you can allocate based on their conversion rate or if there is a shared trait with the lead that may deliver a better outcome.
You can assign leads to be distributed evenly across the sales team or to factor in current workloads and their schedule, which can be configured in their personal settings.
Supercharge your sellers with Sales Accelerator
In a digital sales environment, people can sometimes feel as if they are just a number, but there is a demand for personal human interactions and expect to have positive experiences with your sales team and organisation. Meeting this challenge isn't easy with a large lead list, but can be overcome with tools such as the Sale Accelerator, which helps you to organise your departments and individual sellers and empowers them to be more productive. It enables the right salesperson to engage at the right time. By optimising a sellers pipeline, they can improve their conversion rate by quickly identifying metrics that tell them an opportunity is ready to engage with using the correct channel such as phone call, email or connecting over Linkedin.
If you are a large sales team, we would highly recommend the Sales Accelerator, which can prevent lead communication slippage and disorganisation and saves significant time by prioritising which lead to choose from, and automating parts of the sales interaction, so they can manage larger workloads and follow a consistent, proven sales process.
Sales Accelerator is included in Dynamics 365 Sales Premium with unlimited use, which is £101.80 per month per user. It is also included in Dynamics 365 Enterprise for £71.60 per user per month but has a maximum capacity which you can learn more about here.