Over on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Team Blog, a new post entry has just announced
new improvements to the Universal Resource Scheduling application which comes under the the May 2018 Update. This application falls under Field Service and Project Service Automation and its purpose enables organisations to effectively manage resources
in Dynamics 365. It's mostly used for Field Service but can also be used to schedule any other type of work such as opportunities or cases.
In the new update, Microsoft have said the following:
Once again, the Universal Resource Scheduling dev team has been hard at work constantly looking to improve the product! Continuing our theme for our update releases, Universal Resource Scheduling May 2018 Update focuses on our customers, with improvements in user experience, feature discoverability, stability, and highly requested scenarios. We will be releasing a separate blog post for bug fixes included in this update. A link will be pasted here when it is live.
The May 2018 update breaks into three categories:
- Scheduling enhancements – Hourly schedule assistant
- Select a status when booking
- Tooltip displaying time
- Select any time in recommended slot to pop out panel and book
- Schedule assistant enhancements for proposed bookings – Multiday schedule assistant
- General user experience enhancements – Schedule board
- Remove resource image when row height cuts off image
- 6 general schedule board enhancements
Further details with before and after screenshots and how the update will improve your scheduling process can be found at the Microsoft D365 Team Blog.
If you've never had the chance to see the scheduler in action, the video below gives a excellent overview of how it's utilised in organsations.