Did you know that you can now opt-in for early access to test the new features of Dynamics 365 Wave 2 before official deployment in October?
Dynamics 365 Administrators with Customer Engagement apps, preview features can be enabled in non-production environments in the Power Platform Admin Center in Environment > Updates
Once you have enabled this, you can't turn the preview off, so we recommend you are sure with preceding.
Some of the early access features in Wave 2 include:
- Anchoring error notifications - enabling users to quickly navigate to a form field which has an error by clicking on the error message notification (for Unified Interface) Anchored Error Messages
- Customise Opportunity Close Dialog - capture why an opportunity was won or lost (for Unified Interface + requires manual admin change)
- Knowledge Article Templates - reuse the common content and maintain consistent branding
- Timeline Wall Improvements - for data density, usability and filtering (for Unified Interface)
- Create & Add for Quotes, Opportunities, Orders & Invoices - to improve creation of multiple product lines (for Unified Interface)
- Usability lookup enhancements (for Unified Interface)
- View inline images for emails - when users open and read an email (for Unified Interface)
- Form Header Improvements - to include no truncation of record header (for Unified Interface)
- A/B Testing - for Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- Email Layout Editor - enables multi-column layouts
- Business Card Scanner - scan card by web and mobile to import detail (Unified Interface for EU & US regions only)
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Improvements - including new widget to handle InMail messages (for Unified Interface)
- Microsoft Teams Integration improvements - for Unified Interface
- Connection Role - enabled for Unified Interface
From October 1st, these features will be available generally and by default in all environments throughout October. By the end of October 2019, all instances will have Wave 2 enabled for Customer Engagement Apps.
To avoid disruption, these updates will be applied during a weekend, likely between 11-13th October in the UK.
Microsoft has also shared new content about the new release for each Dynamics 365 app on its product update page including overviews
of what's new in D365 for Sales and D365 for Customer Service.